Sunday, January 22, 2012

Worrying about blog activity and such stuff...

In my attempts to be a better blogger, I read other book blogs to see what's going on with other bloggers, what's new that I've missed and a friendly visit is always welcomed by everyone. I've noticed that most bloggers have something new for me to read each time I visit their site - new content every day!  As a new blogger, that's incredibly intimidating!  I barely find time to read as it is, much less have a new post each day.

Some blogs that have weekly features  that the authors put into place, I expect to ensure they have a schedule to track their postings.

There is the ever impressive MizB of Should Be Reading who has 5 weekly events that keep content fresh: Musing Mondays, Teaser Tuesdays, WWW Wednesdays, Friday Finds and My Favorite Find for Saturdays.

Jill from Breaking the Spine has just one weekly event  - Waiting on Wednesdays.

These weekly events are free for everyone and anyone to play along in, so if as a new blogger, you're interested. Just visit their sites to get more information about events.


There are other blogs that have so much going on, the author doesn't need any weekly events to keep content fresh.  The Story Siren definitely falls in this category. As a new blogger, I have decided this blog is my mecca (at least for now).  It's loaded with great information and I get lots of great ideas for what I want my blog to look like.

For other newbie bloggers out there, are you worried about blog activity, or is this just my paranoid tendency taking over me? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment