Thursday, January 19, 2012

My first WWW Wednesday!

I am posting my first WWW Wednesday and I'm overly excited about it! My excitement is a side effect of the extreme exhaustion I'm currently experiencing. I was just supposed to roll through my blogs, but instead here I am, forcing myself to stay awake and get this post in before the clock officially changes to Thursday in about 6 minutes. I never claimed to sane, so this is just par for the course!

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. I discovered this weekly blog event by traipsing over to Amy's blog to check out her latest posts.  WWW Wednesdays is a fun way to share what you're reading.  To play along, just answer the following 3 questions:

1. What are you currently reading?
2. What did you recently finish reading?
3. What do you think you'll read next?

What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading The Betrayed by David Hosp. I just returned the last book series I borrowed from my local digital library and nothing I wanted to read on my to-read list was available, so I grabbed this book.  I'm enjoying it so far and looking forward to reviewing it in the next day or two. 


What did you recently finish reading?
As I just mentioned, I just returned a book series, and it happened to be Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympian series.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book series and will be investing in print copies for my children to read.  The storyline was funny, educational and most importantly for my 8-year-old son, chocker-bock full of action, monsters and some uber sword fights. 



What do you think you'll read next?
So I might have fibbed earlier. I realize that Marley & Me is on my to-read list, however I'm not really looking forward to reading this book. I'm not quite sure why, but I'm not intrigued by it at all. I added it to my books to read at the recommendation of a friend and never got around to reading it.  I picked this up from the digital library because the book I really wanted to read - like Across the Universe by Beth Revis was not available. Every once in a while, I indulge in a begrudging read in hopes that it turns out to be an enjoyable read (like Twilight)



So that's my WWW Wednesday update for the week. It's now 15 minutess past the midnight hour, so I'm technically posting this on Thursday, but I won't freak out if you won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment