Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Goodreads! The sleeper has awakened!

Years ago, before the age of graduate school, babies and housework, I used to be an avid reader.  A dyed-in-the-wool bookworm who always had a book in her purse that I was reading and another three on the horizon.  Then came the dark period - the period of exhaustion and conflicting priorities - GRADUATE SCHOOL.  Four years of unadulterated stress, boredom and non-stop academic reading. For some, that might be a great thing, for me - Hell on Earth. I'm stunned that my brain made it through, but I am eternally grateful that it did.

Because, after months of recovery and rehabilitation, I am reading for fun again! Hooray! It's 2012 and I'm reading books that need to be plugged in.  The electronic revolution welcomed me in its eInky embrace! I finally broke down and purchased myself an eReader because there is no more room in my house for books.  I mean, I 'm asking my children to purge books for crying out loud.

I am fully embracing all that the electronic revolution has to offer me. I am making friends on twitter (shout out to @amyfournier and @caribookblogs), setting up shop on Goodreads (I'm FabMo - Check me out) and I have already downloaded five books from my library onto my nook to read. I am ready and raring to go! I also accepted the Goodreads 2012 reading challenge - 52 books in 2012. Goodreads! The Sleeper Has Awakened!

Happy reading to me!







1 comment:

  1. I, too, had a long drought of reading but for me it was because I reading glasses. I used to read everything reading, every minute I could to the point of reading instruction panels and dictionaries when nothing else was around. Then came the time in my life when I had to find glasses to read, Too much trouble and my reading dropped to less than five books a month. But I'm back because now I have full time glasses and I can't stop reading! And like you, too many books has forced me to go eInk but I love having so many choices in my bag!

    Sunday Smith
    http://abookadayreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete